Tuesday, May 26, 2009

'Red Bull' in german? Cocainenhausen.


As of this weekend the popular, and quite disgusting drink, Red Bull was banned in Germany for reportedly containing traces of cocaine. Little-known fact (Or perhaps not, and I'm feeling decidedly superior on this brisk tuesday afternoon): When Coca-Cola was launched back in 1886, it contained 2 main ingredients: caffeine... and cocaine. Had I known, I may have accidentally asked our office manager to order some 'supplies' for the kitchen, but given the drug habits of a certain office worker, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's not the best idea.

Red Bull and vodka I know is a pretty popular combination, but while I love vodka, I just couldn't get past the ectoplasmic-like sludge that is Red Bull. I mean no disrespect to the Red Bull lovers out there. Really. Hey, if it did it for me, I'd have the cocaine-laced cans lining the bottom of my filing cabinet instead of the mini bottles of Captain Morgan and Absolute Mango. Anyway, it's an unusually busy tuesday afternoon here, so I need to get back to my duties. One of which is to reacquaint myself with SeƱor Bull.

If you'll excuse me....

No comments: